Spicy Thai Pumpkin Coconut Soup
GF, Vegetarian, DF
This recipe is inspired by Ben Warren however I have made a few adjustments.
Prep time 15 mins
Total Time 30 mins
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 onion, diced
1 medium red/green chilli
2 garlic gloves diced
1 tsp fresh ginger
Thai Green Curry Paste – (or 1 Tbsp green/red Thai curry paste)
1 butternut pumpkin
3 cups of chicken or veggie stock
1 can coconut cream
1 tsp fish sauce
Juice & Zest of 1 lime
1 cup fresh coriander and stalks
Salt & Pepper
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan and add onion, coriander stalks, ginger, garlic & chillies and cook until soft.
- Add Thai green Curry paste and simmer for another minute.
- Add Pumpkin and stock to the pan and boil until pumpkin is cooked through.
- Add remaining ingredients and let simmer.
- Pour contents into a food processor, blitz and season.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut cream & coriander
Hints & tips – This is a great soup to Freeze if you have leftovers to pull out on those cold winter nights where you can’t be bothered cooking.